I’m using UTEE to do this technique because I only have super fine and ultra thick embossing power in clear and I figured the UTEE would give me the best result.
This is what I started out with: heat gun, versamark pad, a stamp that has more negative than positive design (that’s important), coffee filter to catch the embossing power and some distressed ink.
I originally embossed on the pattern size of the pattern paper but I didn’t get enough contrast between the paper and the ink for it to show up. If you use pattern paper make sure the ink you use over the paper has enough contrast to show up (that’s the little trick). The embossing powder is clear so whatever the pattern or color is underneath will show through.
I turned the paper over and embossed on the white sized of the paper and then used TH Shabby Shutters to ink over the embossed flower and the paper surrounding it. I took a wet wipe and ran over the embossed flower to take off any remaining ink residue.
I think this came out great and I can’t wait to play with it on a card or layout. Now here is a little storage tip for you and the Distressed inks and the foam pad.
I ran just little tape runner on the blue side of the foam pad I use for each ink and attach it to the bottom of the ink pad. You could also glue the loop side of Velcro on the back of the ink pad too, but just a little bit of tape runner holds it in place.
This way you know you have the correct foam pad for the ink pad you are using.
I just ordered my video camera and it should be here by Tuesday, so watch out I’ll start doing some videos. Hope I don’t sound to southern on them…..LOL!
Thanks for stopping by and leave me a comment.