I spent the afternoon finishing up the project. I’ll show you in a collage so it doesn’t take up so much space and time.
Here is the process I went through to re-vamp the organization.
1. It was the 5th item on my list to complete but it was one of those that drive you crazy if you don’t get it done.
2. My Spell Binders were currently organized by using CD cases.
3. I kept the Spell Binder and what it was called in the case.
4. When you opened it up it had the Spell Binders on one side and the name of the set on the other.
5. Using sheet protectors to make pockets, I tried to cut them with my paper cutter but the plastic gave to much.
6. Pulled out my rotary scissors and a self healing mat.
7. First I cut off the end across the bottom.
8. I then cut the sheet protector in half giving me two 5.5″ sleeves.
9. So I didn’t have to keep lining up the ruler I used blue painters tape to indicate where I needed to line up each time.
10. Next I cut each 5.5″ sleeve 6″ long. (Here is where I get a little OCD on stuff like this). You don’t have to make the pocket this fancy. I wanted to make sure the pocket opening was easy to open and slip the Spell Binders in and out.
11. Oops this picture is out of sync, it was showing you where I put the blue painters tape to help me line up easily.
12. Once I cut both sleeves I used my score board to run a crease for a little hem of 1/4″. (I wanted something substantial for clip to hold on to). Be careful here plastic stretches and slides easily so take it slow.
13. Use your finger (or your bone folder) to give the 1/4″ hem a good crease.
14. Sewed the top hems first then up each side to make a pocket that measures 5.5″ x 6″ (that is about the size of the CD case).
15. Look at the difference in how little space these pockets take up compared to the CD cases.
16. Clipped them up on a rod in my closet.
17. Now I can easily see what I have and since they are on a rod they can be moved out of the way when I need to get behind them.
Now we marked that off my list and since I’m in and out of the closet all the time I don’t think I’ll forget them.
Ok, I’m linking up to Skip to my Lou Made By You Monday, I’m #587.